Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Practice Practice

Well today I practiced for an hour and my fingers are killing me. i still am having trouble with the chords in On Wings of Song. I am about half way through it and am not certain I will ever see the end although my teacher has every confidence.

On a more positive note my daughter's recital is coming up next weekend and she is totally ready. You can see her recital from last year here Melissasjourneys! No nerves at all. I wish I could be like that. She is 9 and totally kicks my butt at piano. Of course she has been playing for 2 years longer than me so that is all in her favor.

This is our piano

1 comments:

sportsgirl132 said...

Hi Melissa.

This is Cindy from PianoWorld.

Don't get discouraged about your piece. Are you breaking it up into small chunks? My teacher tells me to take a few measures a day in a difficult piece and play them 10-20 per day...moving on to a little more everyday.
I find that my progres sis really limited whne I tackle the entire piece at once. Just a thought.

Hey , just think how much your neighbor will love hearing repetitive small passagework !

Keep your head up. We've all been there with a piece. I played "Over the Waves" for THREE weeks/lessons because I couldn't get the pedal just right. It drove me nuts. Then my teacher asked me if I wanted to play it for the recital and I said, "Absolutely freakin' not".

:)